SA/NT Voice of Youth
|2012 SA Voice fo Youth finalists at Parliament House|
From a selection of five titles, contestants present a prepared speech for six minutes (juniors) and eight minutes (seniors), together with a short-notice speech for three minutes.
Speech topics for the heats & semi finals are listed below and on the National Voice-of-Youth page. A new set of topics will be issued for the Zone / National finals:
|“A Good Book”||“Rock and or Roll”|
|“When In......"||“Flights of Fancy”|
|“The End of the Beginning”
|"Good Neighbours”||"Born to Run”|
|“The Games People Play”||“The Joys of Nature"
Competitors must use their own, original content. Reference to other texts or direct quotation is allowed, but any speech must be substantially the work of the speaker. If plagiarism is suspected, a competitor may be automatically disqualified from the competition.
As well as providing students with the opportunity to gain experience and confidence in expressing their views and communicating their message, there are some worthwhile prizes on offer. Winners of the heats will receive a prize of $25, winners of semi-finals will receive $75 and winners of the finals will receive $250 and a trip to the ACT to compete in the National Final.
Travel costs to Adelaide for country entrants to compete in the heats, semi-finals & SA/NT Zone final will be subsidised.
Entries close on 26th March 2013
SA Rostrum Voice of Youth is open to Secondary School Students For 2013 the following applies:
- Junior Division entrants must be 11 years of age and under 15 on 1 January 2013
- Senior Division entrants must be 15 years of age and under 18 on 1 January 2013
- Entries close on 26th March 2013. No Late Entries will be accepted.
- 8th May 2013 - South East Heats - St Martins Lutheran College, Mount Gambier
- 10th May 2013 - Eyre Peninsula Heats - Port Lincoln High School, Port Lincoln;
- 11th May 2013 - City Heats - Our Lady of the Sacred Heart College, Enfield;
- 25th May 2013 - Semi-Finals - Our Lady of the Sacred Heart College, Enfield
- 22nd June 2013 - SA/NT Zone Final - Parliament House, Adelaide
- 27th July 2013 - National Final - Canberra
See the Voice of Youth Resources page for advice and resources on planning and delivering your speech.
- Bendigo Bank,
- Flinders University, and
- Our Lady of the Sacred Heart College
- and by national sponsor Sebel Furniture
- (08) 8333 2179
- 0429 332 179 (mobile)
- E-mail: email@example.com