Great opportunity for your club
Is winter making you slow and sluggish - hard to get to meetings?
Why not try something a little different?
Rostrum Victoria has received a generous offer from Fm Ed Dickinson to brighten up your winter meetings. Here's Ed's speaking.....
Attached is a flier which I have used for many years to promote my services as a tutor of public speaking. I am, of course, available to run these tutorials at any Rostrum Club – and as for all non-profit bodies there is no charge.
I have recently run tutorial in “The Skills of Reading Aloud to an Audience” at a number of Victorian Rostrum Clubs, and I wonder if other Clubs may benefit from such other sessions as listed on the flier. As I make no charge it is not advertising me. But it may be a service which is of use to our members.
Why not join with another club and run a joint session - either a 45 minute presentation:
OR a 30 minute session
- The Secrets of Selling Yourself
- Achieving by Doing
- The Power of telling Stories
- Plan, prepare, and present a simple speech without the use of notes
- Structure a speech on one topic more than 50 different ways
- Control nerves when called on to speak in public
- Care for the voice and improve its timbre
- Create word pictures in the minds of the listeners in the audience
- Ask meaningful questions
- Be able to select the right job applicant through good interviewing skills
- Answer questions with confidence and authority
- Project the right image when being interviewed
- Understand body language, and use gesture when speaking
- Be convincing debaters
- Be a humourous speaker
- Develop memory aids
- Use a Public Address System
- Read aloud to an audience (and maintain 80% eye contact with the audience)
- Use visual aids
- Make impromptu and short notice speeches.
- Be a good listener
- Pace your presentation to sell your message, and not overstep the time allowed. (The true skill of oratory.)
Contact Ed for more details