Rostrum Victoria Voice of Youth
WHERE DO I START?
|Tips for participants|
|How to prepare|
|Adjudication Guidelines||A brief history of Rostrum|
|Competitors must use their own, original content. Reference to other texts or direct quotation is allowed, but any speech must be substantially the work of the speaker.
If plagiarism is suspected, a competitor may be automatically disqualified from the competition.
HOW TO APPLY
Details are being emailed to schools throughout Victoria.
TBA - Applications Close
Sunday 5th May - Ballarat regional heats
Saturday 11th May - Shepparton regional heats
Sunday 19th May - Avila College - Metro heats 1
Sunday 26th May - Mount Scopus Memorial College - Metro heats 2
Sunday 23rd Jun - Victorian finals
Sat 27 Jul - National final in Canberra
WHY SHOULD I TAKE PART?
- Being able to communicate effectively is a key to success in our society
- Every participant will feel the satisfaction of communicating with a live audience
- Obtain experience in preparing and delivering oral communication
- Build your self confidence not just for public speaking but also for interviews
- It is a valuable experience
- Some will win Regional, State or even National prizes, but everyone receives the greatest reward – EXPERIENCE – ( and a certificate to add to your CV)
WHY SHOULD OUR SCHOOL TAKE PART?
- To give our Students the opportunity to benchmark against students from other schools
- Ensuring that we are developing our students to the highest standards by competing in the premier national speaking competition for school age students
- The chance to boast a winner of a regional, state, or even national competition
- An opportunity to network with your peers from other schools
VOICE OF YOUTH CONTACT
If you require more information on the Victorian Rostrum Voice of Youth competition details please contact the Victorian voice of youth co-ordinator on 0412 720 869.
Rostrum Voice of Youth Victoria is generously sponsored by Bank of Melbourne.