How do I get started with Rostrum?
Joining Rostrum is easy.
- Find your local Rostrum club. Simply use our 'Find a Club' page to locate your nearest club.
- Contact the club. All clubs have a friendly contact person who can answer any of your questions and who will welcome you when you come to your first meeting.
- Visit the club. Guests are always welcome at Rostrum! Plus, as a guest, there is no pressure to speak, so you can just sit back, watch the meeting, and decide if Rostrum is for you.
- Become a Rostrum member. After you've seen what our meetings are like, you can become a member of Rostrum and take advantage of all Rostrum's resources. Simply talk to your club contact and they'll guide you.
Why is Rostrum for me?
Rostrum is all about you! Our clubs have experienced Rostrum coaches and mentors who will work with you to achieve your speaking goals.
Rostrum members are people of all ages and from all walks of life including students, professionals, home-makers, retirees, job seekers, and people learning English. You can complete a certificate program for your resume or you can just work toward your own goal.
There is so much to gain from Rostrum meetings. You can:
- regularly practise your speaking skills at your local club and boost your confidence
- develop a variety of communications skills through reading aloud, prepared speeches, storytelling, debating, and other speaking techniques
- gain practical skills and confidence for your next job interview, work presentation or speech at a special occasion
- develop your credentials, help your career, and engage in a networking opportunity
- build confidence in speaking English even if it is not your first language
- benefit from membership that is low cost and high value
- complete a certificate program to assist with your professional development
Remember, if you can do public speaking, you can do anything!
Welcome to Rostrum!